It's PORCH season
The time for winter hibernation has passed. Turn your porch into a space that will tempt you to stay outdoors until the first snowflakes start to fall again.
Chic & Traditional
Do you dream of shingle-clad bungalows and garden parties? Start with wicker or rattan and bold prints: 1. Approach the layout as you would an indoor living room with comfortable seating in traditional shapes.
2. Anchor the seating area with an outdoor rug. Black & white is perennially sophisticated and a graphic print will help camouflage dirt.
3. Punch up accessories in saturated yellow, pink & orange to energize the neutral backdrop.
4. A hint of glamour helps keep the traditional scheme from looking static. Try a high-gloss accent garden stool.
Easy & Beachy
No matter how far you are from the coast, this casual style says relaxation. Woven textures and sunny colors are at its core:
1. Look for pieces with open frames and lighter lines-something a cool lake breeze could pass through. Pale rattan and bleached woods feels right here.
2. Beachy style relies on a lot of natural texture, woven jute rugs, nubby throws, raffia table linens, and linen throw pillows.
3. Don't let the space get too serious; they should be casual and fun. Pile on accessories in playful patterns.
Modern & Minimal
If you crave a serene and well-ordered getaway, this is your fit. Clean lines and a reserved palette, with a comfortable side.
Look for mid-century inspired furniture with simple lines and no fussy ornamentation. A low-to-the-ground sectional is ideal for lounging.
Set the foundation with an understated palette where no one element commands attention.
Contrast boxy furniture with a few accents with curves to keep things from going too stark.
Don't overdo the accessories; this design is decidedly uncluttered.
Which porch speaks your design love language? Warmly,